Stand Up for Net Neutrality
UPDATE: Thanks for participating in our donation campaign. In the end, we raised over $4,600 for the EFF in defense of net neutrality! A big shout-out to our community. We couldn't have done it without you.
As an open source startup, we believe that the web should be transparent, collaborative, and free. Reaction would not exist today if it wasn’t for these basic, inviolable values. Our platform is community-driven, our dev process fully documented, our code available for anyone in the world, no matter who they are, no matter what their ISP.
A few weeks ago, the FCC introduced a new proposal to gut the net neutrality laws we, the tech community, fought so hard to protect in 2015. Our fundamental rights to a free and open web are once again at risk—and again, we’re ready to fight back. Are you up for the challenge?
For the next two weeks, Reaction Commerce will be donating to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), the go-to non-profit for advocacy of digital privacy, free speech, and civil liberties on the web. Our goal is to donate $10,000!
This is where we need your help. Here’s how it works:
- Star our repo on GitHub.
- For every new GitHub star we receive, we’ll donate $5 to the EFF.
- Donations end on Monday, 5/22 at 11:59pm PST.
Simple as that! It takes less than a second of your time.
Here are some other ways you can help:
- Share this blog post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and use #ReactionChallenge2017.
- Get the word out! Tell your friends, family, and coworkers about this campaign.
- Stay informed. Write a letter to your representatives. Get together with your local community to talk about digital advocacy.
The EFF has been fighting the good fight since 1990, back when the Internet was still in its infancy. We live in strange times now, but that doesn’t mean we surrender. Show your support. Help us defend the open web.