Reaction Alpha Update - v0.1.2 released
Here’s an update on what’s been happening with our Alpha release.
- A total of 625 Reaction Commerce shops have been created.
- Our main GitHub repo hit 210 stars and 60 watchers!
- When you star/watch our repo, your support helps us get extra visibility.
- We released version 0.1.2! Here are some highlights:
- Updated to Meteor 0.8.2
- Improved variant editing interface with new field layout and auto saving
- Fixed drag and drop ordering of parent variants
- Fixed reactive price update when modified in variant
- Corrected product image display in grid view
- Corrected changing currency to function across all views
- Fixed forgot password feature
- Fixed PayPal checkout
- Greatly improved drag and drop performance in product grid
- Updated inventory tracking to allow for back order and sold out status
- Added more analytics tracking events
- Fixed SMTP settings edit
- Refactored publication / security
- Refactored persistent cart sessions
- ENV hostname for updating shop host
- Various UI/UX updates
- And much more. View our full list of improvements and fixes
- All shops created through reactioncommerce.com have been automatically upgraded to the new 0.1.2 version. If you signed up during our upgrade downtime, you should now be up and running.
- Last, but not least, all sites hosted with us (via reactioncommerce.com) now use a secure https connection.
If you experience any issues with your shop, please log a ticket in GitHub. We try to keep things as stable as possible, but this is an Alpha release and we could use your help!
We talk a lot about what it means to be a “real-time reactive” ecommerce platform. Here’s how we define reactive:
Re-ac-tive (adjective): responsive, event-driven, scalable and resilient; delivering a highly satisfying user experience with right-now actions that deliver in-the-moment results.
Reaction Commerce relies on the Meteor framework for its “reactive” architecture. Its UI/UX design emphasizes actionable data and responsiveness to user behavior and social trends.
Help us help you. Please take a moment to fill out this brief survey. It’s very short, we promise.