A Quick Recap of 2015, and an Update on our Beta
Since we’re already a few weeks into 2016, we won’t dwell too much on the past, other than to say that last year was a banner year for us.
Here are a few exciting milestones from 2015, by the numbers:
- Over 8,749 Alpha shops launched on our platform
- We launched the Beta of our open source codebase
- 2,296 people signed up for the Beta of our PaaS (and still counting!)
- We’ve reached 1,882 stars (so far!) on our main GitHub repo
- Out of 450 applicants worldwide, we were selected to participate in Google for Entrepreneurs Demo Day alongside 10 other amazing startups
- 50 unique people have contributed to Reaction (THANK YOU!)
- Reaction has been translated into 20 languages!
Going into 2016, we have big goals in mind. Here are some of the upcoming highlights:
- Launch our hosted Platform as a Service (coming this month!)
- Static pages creation and management
- Ability to view and edit shop email templates
- Updates to shop tag navigation
- Shop search
- Improved shipping management
- Promotion/Coupon management
- This is just the beginning, so visit our Features pageto learn more to learn more.
An Update on our Beta Release
In October, we put the Beta tag on our open source codebase with the release of v0.9.0. In December, we released v0.10.0, and just this week, we released v0.11.0. This latest release includes major updates to our Docs, along with significant improvements to our orders workflow.
We plan to open up the Beta launch of our hosted platform next week! This means that anyone will be able to come to reactioncommerce.com and launch a shop on top of our Docker-ized container clusters. Stay tuned for more details.